Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Lego Captain America




Commentary: 
I wanted to try something different for a change, so I decided to make my one of my favorite superheroes in Captain America. I do no know how many more I will be making of these but I will do my best to continue making different heroes in a somewhat Lego form. One thing I never understood about this character is why did no one ever shoot at his Cap's legs. I mean this joke was covered in Captain America Civil War, but I always had to this question prior to the movie. Also, how does he always have the shield come back to him when he throws it. I always assumed that he "calculated" the right angle to throw the shield so that it would come back to him. I guarantee if I threw the shield I would just end up breaking a window and losing it but whatever... it is a movie.

Model Details:
Pages: 3
Height: 4 in / 10.2 cm
Width: 3.63 in / 9.22 cm
Depth: 2.44 in / 6.2 cm
Download: 3D Model / Templates
Notes: The body and legs are pretty straightforward to build. The next parts are difficult to build as I had to build these parts 3 or 4 times so take your time

For the head there is a very thin circular piece attach it to the piece above it before starting to build the model. Besides that the head is pretty easy to build, close it with the piece with the big circle located at the bottom of the page

For the shield I built it without the thin circular and line piece by just gluing the shield to the red circle and trimming around the edges to clear the white out parts. I have left the pieces in the model just in case you want to use them.

Lastly for the arms. Build each piece separately. I did not use the tabs when attaching each part of the arm together as I just made sure the piece just hid the tabs. For the arm, start building at the forearm and work your way up to the shoulder and close it there making sure the white parts are covered.

If you read this entire sections I thank you, and you deserve a cookie anyways... Enjoy building!

1 comment:

  1. Nice!!
    I'm not into LEGO stuff ,but it's a good new kick..
    I hope you carry on creating new commissions from different topics .
    Good luck, pal πŸ€
    I'll stay tuned. πŸ’›

    ReplyDelete