Saturday, July 11, 2020

Dart Monkey



Commentary: 
This is the first monkey you unlock when you first start playing the game. Even though the first few upgrades are pretty poor, once you upgrade this tower to the 3rd, 4th and 5th tier this tower becomes a beast. I like how the first tower unlocked by the player is actually decent throughout the game and does not just fade into the background and become unusable on different levels. 

Model Details:
Pages: 2
Height: 2.75 in / 6.99 cm
Width: 2.17 in / 5.51 cm
Depth:  1.97 in / 5 cm
Download: 3D Model / Templates
Notes: The model is pretty straightforward to build. So when making this model, I forgot to unfold the dart for the monkey at the same time I unfolded the monkey so it is a separate file from the monkey. Also, when making the dart I just cut out a v-shape on a piece of paper and attached it to the dart instead of building the piece in which is suppose to be the tail for the dart. For this model, I folded the tabs in for the legs and free hand glued them to the body in a fashion to get the model to stand (putting them in a way to cause the model to lean backward naturally). Then I glued the tail on to create a tripod with the legs to allow the model to stand. Besides that, enjoy building!

4 comments:

  1. Could you make instructions I am new to paper crafting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, I am glad to hear that you are learning how to do papercrafts. I would recommend downloading Pepakura viewer which is the link for open PDOS on the right side of my blog. This program shows you how each piece attaches to one another and where on the model each piece is located. The basic gist of the papercrafting is cutting out the templates and gluing a tab side of a piece to a non-tab side.I would recommending an very simple model like the bulbasaur model on this website. I would also recommend building using the lined PDF version as they tell you where to fold the piece to help guide you along. The dart monkey requires a little bit complicated but if you are up for it go for it. I am always here to help and if you have any other questions let me know!

      Delete
  2. can you make a benjamin papercraft and make a template for it?

    ReplyDelete