Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Chibi Volcarona


Commentary: 
For the longest time, I thought that Volcarona was a legendary. My first encounter was in the sand place in Pokemon Black. You had to wait until after you beat the elite four, navigate through a maze of rooms (Like you did to find Pokemon like Moltres or Giratina), and the weirdest part of all when you were battling it, it was level 70. I just assumed this was a legendary Pokemon and did not bother to breed it when I went on a rampage of breeding every Pokemon to fill out the Pokdex. I did not figure out that Volcarona was not a legendary Pokemon until you receive a Larvesta in Black 2 (I think the way you obtain a Larvesta in this game was to hatch an egg you receive). I looked up on Serebii what and when Larvesta evolved and I was stunned to learn it evolved at level 59 to Volcarona. So that blew my child brain at the time. 
For Pokemon Showdown I have always wanted to run a Volcarona as a sweeper as it can learn quiver dance, but unfortunately Volcarona has a severe allergy to rock-type attacks. It basically dies whenever it is hit by a rock-type attack and loses half its health whenever switching into stealth rocks.  

Model Details:
Pages: 2
Height: 3.00 in / 7.62 cm
Width: 4.44 in / 11.28 cm
Depth: 2.77 in / 7.04 cm
Download: 3D Model / Templates
Notes: Building the body is the probably the most difficult part. Build from the bottom up closing at the top of the body. Make sure to fold every line on the bottom of the body and closely follow the PDO on for the correct attachment. When attaching the head and head piece, first attach the head and then when it is almost dry gluing slide the two head pieces into place. They should fit snuggly. Last two things. When you are making the black pieces in the front of the body make sure to trim each one significantly, you will be surprised how much you need to trim. Finally, when making the wings you can just fold the the wings on top of itself, since the wings are symmetrical and trim any of the tabs or excess white you see. Hopefully, you enjoy building and stay tune!  

2 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for making all this awsome papercraft, I start to feel bored thanks to this world situation, then i found your groudon model wich guide me to you blog. You make very impressive model and most importantly you make it all for free, I really appreciate it. Once again thank you!
    Ps. Do you have latios or latias model? That would be great if you have..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad to here that you enjoy making my models. Unfortunately, I have not made the templates for latios or latias .... yet😛. I am currently at school so I do not know how much time I will have to make models. I cannot give an exact time frame in which I will finish the models😅.Latest release will be by the end of the year🤷‍♂️. Sorry for not knowing, but I honestly do not know how much time I will have. Until then please enjoy the weekly models and thank you for visiting my site.🙂

      Delete