Friday, January 1, 2021

Chibi Mega Glalie


Commentary:
Yes, I can build mega evolutions now... so I guess you can request them. Besides the point, I never played X and Y, where mega evolution was a thing, and I barely received mega evolutions while playing random battles in Showdown. Therefore, I have do not have any stories regarding this Pokemon or many other mega evolutions. All I have to say is that I am a huge fan of mega evolutions and that most of them look amazing. My funny interpretation of Mega Glalie is that Glalie just grew a jaw line allowing it to eat many Vanillites in one whole bite now.

Pokedex Entries:
Well, I wrote the top before reading the Pokedex entries for this Pokemon and well.... the mega evolution caused Glalie to break its jaw and it is unable to eat. Looks like it is not eating any Vanillites now😅.

Recently, I worked with Paperpokes to build a more detailed version of this Pokemon. You can find the templates at http://www.pokemonpapercraft.net/2021/01/mega-glalie.html

Model Details:
Pages: 3
Height: 2.60 in / 6.60 cm
Width: 2.33 in / 5.92 cm
Depth: 2.64 in / 6.71 cm
Download: 3D Model / Templates
Notes: Build the upper part of the head first and then glue the mouth on. The next part is the hardest part of the build. Next, attach one side of the piece, with the blue rock that is suppose to be on the back of the model, and on the white part of the piece draw where you will cut the piece so that the piece connects snuggly with head (Pictured down below). Then, trim the piece you cut out (the one with the blue circle on it) to fit into the square in the back. You will also have to trim the eyes so that they fit into the eye holes. After that attach the spikes. The two blue pieces on the bottom as well as the the bottom two spikes can manipulated to allow the model to stand by itself. If you have any question place them in the comments below and besides that, I hope you enjoy building and stay tuned!

 
I drew lines on the back of the model to show where
 I would cut, so the pieces would attach seemlessly.

Even though though there were not tabs, I glued the pieces together. If there is a small gap, I would recommend gluing a piece with the same color in the model so it does not look like there is a gap. 

2 comments: